- Written by Administrator Administrator
- Created: 14 April 2010 14 April 2010
Sutherlin FFA results from the 2010 Oregon FFA State Convention:
- Parliamentary Procedure took 4th Place (Jessica Warren, Adam Powell, Tessa Knight, Jerry Risk, Jesilyn Risk, Austin Powell)
- Sutherlin FFA received 2nd in state in the Ag Youth Awareness Award for promoting agricultural literacy
- Superior Chapter Award and 10+10 Recruitment Recognition
- Adam Powell was elected Umpqua District President and Rozalyn Patrick was elected District Vice President for 2010-2011.
- Tessa Knight competed in the sub-state Advanced Public Speaking CDE (top 8 in the state)
- Jessica Warren competed in the preliminary Job Interview CDE (top 12 in the state)
- Ag Marketing also competed, the team consisting of Lana Chamberlain, Alex Powell, and Colleen O’Meara
- Ashley McDiffitt competed in the Co-op Quiz and interview, demonstrating knowledge about agricultural business
- Andrew Beattie, Christopher Warren, and Bethany Spelgatti all served on award selection committees, interviewing candidates from across the state for various awards.
- Rozalyn Patrick also served on the State Officer Nominating Committee, interviewing and slating the 2010-2011 State Officer Team. This involved nearly 36 hours of work in 2.5 days with 11 other student leaders from across Oregon.
Students also received tours of the College of Veterinary Medicine and some of the OSU Animal Science Department facilities.